Volunteer to Review
There is no one way to become a reviewer, but there are some common routes. These include:
- Asking a colleague who already reviews for a journal to recommend you.
- Networking with editors at professional conferences.
- Becoming a member of a learned society and then networking with other members in your area.
- Contacting journals directly to inquire if they are seeking new reviewers.
- Seeking mentorship from senior colleagues.
- Working for senior researchers who may then delegate peer review duties to you.
- Register yourself as a reviewer at Publons. https://publons.com/about/home/
You could also try finding a journal with a mentoring program for early career researchers looking to become reviewers.
Researchers interested in reviewing for Horizon Journal can now volunteer to be considered as a peer reviewer by filling out a simple online form. Download the Reviewer’s form here.